Julia's working part time at a tutoring center, and may try to find a way to expand her tutorial venture. For a variety of reasons it has seemed better for Julia not to have a full-time teaching job - prominent among them the fact that we're not planning on being here too long since I'm only on a fixed-term contract.
Here's our flat building:
And here's 'my' office, thankfully complete with the books of the professor whose shoes I'm trying to fill while he attends to other duties:
It's been great to have our friends from St. Andrews, the Matavas, here in town (R.J. Matava and I shared an office for a year in the Roundel), as well as to see previous Oxford friends like Casey and Amanda Strine, and their new son Jack.
Anyway, we'll try to update the blog a bit more regularly now, but here's a couple Halloween-inspired pics, the first from a turn on the 'Oxford Ghost tour' and the second from an evening of pumpkin carving with the Matavas:
1 comment:
Dave,
Dost mine eyes deceive me? What is that you're reading?
Seth
Post a Comment