Now that spring is upon us, the tourists are coming to Oxford in full force. And who can blame them? This is a beautiful and historic place. The problem is that we're not tourists, but we're not exactly locals either. We exist in the limbo between visiting and staying. Sometimes we feel like we're working at Disneyland. It may be the happiest place on earth for some, but probably the guy emptying the trash doesn't always see it that way.

But it's good for us, from time to time, to recall how nice it is to be living in a beautiful place like this, even if it's not quite home.

And somehow in the first blush of Spring, it's easier to believe this is a place where we can flourish.

3 comments:
Love the flowers! I hope ya'll are enjoying your last few months as "two" before little L arrives.
I can relate. I know that working the graveyard shift at the Orange County Fair sounds glamourous, but believe me it isn't all awesomeness.
Yay! Yay! Yay! I just learned you're expecting! And, sure enough, you're as cute as I would have imagined as a pregnant lady, Julia :) I just read your last few posts. So glad you're settled in - as much as you can be at Disnayland. Love to all 3!!!
Post a Comment